- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice Morsels
- 1 cup Raisins Soaked in Rum or Brandy (my addition to the recipe)
In this recipe
COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger in medium bowl. Beat 1 cup sugar and butter until creamy. Add pumpkin, molasses, egg and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
SHAPE tablespoons of dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in remaining 1/3 cup sugar until coated. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies look cracked and are set at edges. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
I added the Rum Soaked Raisins because I love “spiced” items and raisins.