This recipe is for my guy Tom from the gym.
These are his favorite cookies and I told him that I would post this on my website.
Thanksgiving is will upon us soon but Christmas is knocking on our door.This is a great Christmas Cookie and for beginners, it should be your go to recipe.
- 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar(optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
For more information please check out Hersey Kitchen.