- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 20 ounce canned pineapple chunks, liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, chili garlic sauce, reserved pineapple juice, onion powder and white pepper.
- Place short ribs into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth mixture until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
I found a rendition of this recipe on damndelicious.net. I changed it using beef short ribs, pineapple and garlic chili sauce. I really suggest the reduced soy as it can get a little salty. You can also reduce the soy sauce. Serve with brown rice.