• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
• 1/3 cup Bourbon or other whiskey
• 2 14-ounce rib eye steaks
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, sugar, mustard and hot sauce. Pour the ingredients into a small saucepot and whisk over low heat until well combined and the sugar caramelizes, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the whiskey and stir together. Bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat while stirring often. Then remove from heat.
• Heat a medium pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the steaks into the pan or on a hot grill and brush the marinade onto the steaks and around the edges as they cook. Cook until the steaks develop caramelized crusts, and then flip and brush the marinade on the other sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
You will never have a “plain” rib eye steak again. So flavor full.