To “boldly go when no cook has gone before”
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
· Pinch of cayenne pepper: yes!!!! (make it a healthy pinch)
· 3 eggs
· 1 cup vegetable oil
· 2 1/4 cups white sugar
· 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 2 cups grated zucchini
· ½ cup mini chocolate chips
· ¾ cup rum soaked raisins (soak in 1/4 cup rum-add rum to mixture)
Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees .Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini, chocolate chips and rum soaked raisins until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.